Search This Blog

Translate

A Fun Day with Nunuk and Ami

Piazza Santa Maria Novella was not so crowded that day. Days have turned a bit more chill and a little colder as it was already mid of autumn. I rode my bike as usual and was a little late, so I was in a hurry to meet her. I thought I better find her first before I park my bike. I easily spotted her sitting on one of  benches there. Her exotic look seemed even better in her greenish apparels. Her Indonesian face stood up to me among Italians who were there.  It was Nunuk, I waived at her and came closer toward her and she waived back with her beautiful big smile, a very charming lady.



After I parked my bike and have it locked, she told me that she just got a phone call from another Indonesian woman, Ami, who actually lived in Florence.  I was glad to have met Nunuk and would be more than happy to meet Ami as well. It’s a bonus to be able to meet two new Indonesians in Florence. Nunuk and I decided to stay a bit longer and waited for Ami, soon we saw Ami came and waived gladly.  Nunuk greeted and hugged her, before she introduced her to me. They started to chat happily and somehow Ami’s spontaneous way of talking was just made me burst in a hard laugh. I found the way she responded and explained things very funny. Her thick Jakarta - Betawi accent mixed with Italian language and hand gestures was hilarious! I recalled that was my first big laugh ever since I moved to Florence!  

We spent sometimes together for a lunch at a nearby kebab shop. We had a good chat and got to know each other a little bit more.  A while later we went to Ami’s house which located near the area where I live for cups of coffee. It was so cozy we didn't feel times went by so quickly. We realized we forgot to do one very important thing, taking photos at piazza S.M.N! So before I said good bye to the two of them, we decided to go to piazza Pitti for some 'photo shoots'. It was a lot of fun! Too bad Nunuk had to go back to her home at Porto Santo Stefano. It was a pleasure to have met you, Nunuk. I hope we can meet again next time soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment