Search This Blog

Translate

The Day We Met Fabulous Fifi


How We Met Fifi


After I and my husband came back from our summer holiday this year. One of our friends back home told me that she has a cousin who has been living in Florence like ‘forever’ and she wanted to introduce me to her. And that was exactly how I finally met more Indonesians who live not only in Florence but also outside of Florence. Through my friend I was then got connected with Fifi. I was really glad to see her enthusiasm about meeting more Indonesians in Florence. She was excited about introducing me to some more Indonesians she knew in and outside of Florence. Not so long after I’ve got to know Fifi on Facebook, we decided to meet up on October  17th, 2013 for a lunch at a restaurant near her area.



I was so happy to add Fifi into the IWiF community. Through this group page I introduced her to the rest. Another exciting news, was also when we knew Jeanny would be in Florence for a visit around those days in October. So we decided to meet up with both Fifi and Jeanny at the same time and October 17th was a date that would fit us all. 

Five of us came at the lunch meeting. It was a great day, to get to know Fifi and to meet up for the second time with Jeanny.  This time, for the first time, Jeanny was also finally met Erna who couldn’t join our first meeting with Jeanny on March 22nd, 2013.


Lunch Meeting on October 17th, 2013

The lunch meeting on October 17th, 2013 went very well. We were glad to finally meet again. It has been a while since the last time I met Jeanny, Yawa or Erna. The meeting was even merrier as we had Fifi with us. The chat went along with food and more food! It was an all you can eat restaurant anyway! The best place for the hungry like us!  


 


We all excited when Fifi mentioned that she knew many more Indonesians and she would introduce them to us. Also when we heard that many of them were very enthusiastic to meet us. It might take a while though, before we all could possibly meet up again. Hence, to be connected through Facebook is one way to bridge the gap. Fifi agreed to add her Indonesians friend into Indonesian Women in Florence page on Facebook.


Visited Balinesia

After lunch we went to visit Fifi’s store, Balinesia. The store sells many beautiful high quality Indonesians crafts, nick-nacks, batiks, jewelries and furnitures.  If you need any Indonesian products with good quality, don’t hesitate to contact Fifi or visit Balinesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment