Search This Blog

Translate

Community Diary - Part 1


Our Tuscany's Indonesian community have grown bigger, as many more Indonesians were added to the group. Although the definition of community is a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common. One thing in common is that we are all Indonesians, but I am glad to see how everyone is willing for a new friendship and to experience how this friendship has grown and is still growing between us.

We met up for big meals sometime, but we often met up more in small groups, even if it is just for a cup of coffee and dolce or just for a morning walk in a park together. I am so thankful knowing how everyone is willing to open their house, to share what they have, to help each other.


There were those days when I met more friends for the first time. Like that December 6th, 2013, we were all up to for 'rujakan' meeting - having a spicy fruit salad at Kenny's house, there I met Kenny for the first time and also Lasti. It was so much fun to meet these fun ladies. Lasti is Suroboyonese like me, we spoke Jowo Suroboyoan, that's Javanese language with that special fun Surabaya accent. How I miss the city I came from! 

Four days later, on Tuesday, December 10th, me, Kenny and Ami had this fun morning walk at the Cascine market together. We had a great time and so much fun in the fresh cloudy morning of Florence.

Time flies, we all entered new year of 2014. After we passed end of year holiday and went back into our routines. That first week of February 2014, Fifi invited me for a lunch meeting near her store. I arrived late at Ristorante Pizzeria "Le Campane" and greeted everyone when I noticed there was this one new beautiful lady with blonde hair. First I thought she is Italian! Later on Fifi introduced me to her. She was one of our friends in the group but I haven't met until that day, she's Elvy, an Indonesian from North Sumatera. I was glad to finally be able to meet her in person, and I saw that Kenny, Ami and Lasma were also there! After lunch, we decided to have some bubur sumsum at Kenny's house for dessert, unfortunately Fifi had to go back to work. She still got the taste of 'bubur sumsum' (polpa di zucca) though, from a photo we sent to her on whatsapp.

 
Morning walk, 'rujakan' and after lunch 'bubur sum-sum' time at Kenny's - Thank you all for your warm friendship.

Don't expect your friend to be a perfect person. But help your friend to become a perfect person...that's a true friendship.
~cf.Mother Teresa

Close friends contribute to our personal growth. They also contribute to our personal pleasure, making the music sound sweeter, the wine taste richer, the laughter ring louder because they are there.
~cf.Judith Viorst

In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed."
~cf. Khalil Gibran




No comments:

Post a Comment