Search This Blog

Translate

Am I good enough?



Everyone has an insecurity. We are constantly afraid that we're not good enough.
Insecurities kill self esteem and all that is beautiful


One named Steve Furtick says that "the reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel."




Then how do we suppose to deal with it?


  • First thing first! We must learn to place our confidence in God - Hebrew 4:16 "Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."




  • Stop comparing ourselves with others
  • Set your own goals and be realistic


I'm not in competition with anybody but myself. I run my own race.
Don't compare me to the next girl, because there's no competition. I'm one of a kind and that's real.
I am different, not less.

If you compete with others you become bitter. If you compete with yourself you become better.

Confidence isn't walking into a room with your chin up in the air, and thinking you are better than anyone else; it's walking into a room and not having to compare yourself with anyone else in the first place.

Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we've ever do.

You're born an original, don't die a copy.


~~
#selfmotivation - from mycomfylivingroominFlorence, winter dec 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment