Search This Blog

Translate

Talk Like Italians



Talk Not Fight!

It’s a hot day in Florence that day, I checked my weather online gadget and it was 40°C! I was sitting behind my desk, trying to focus myself to learn and memorize some more new Italian vocabularies which until now are so hard to get into my old rusted brain.


Suddenly I heard cars engine stopped, car doors slammed, then men’s voices talked almost yelled to each other. Caused we lived on 2nd floor of apartment building here in Italy, I could just popped my head out from the window behind me and looked down to the road in front of our place. Curious of what’s going on, that exactly what I did. I thought in a hot day like today, in the summer time in Italy, no wonder if most Italian is very temperamental. So I thought again, here they are, screaming and fighting right in front of our house. Great!


Being on the 2nd floor was so easy coz I had a very good view over what’s going on down there. What I saw, surprisingly, was these two guys, with big grinned on their faces, talking almost shouting  to each other  while they separated by only about less than two meters distance. “Ah, so they’re not fighting, but only having a little chatting!” I told myself silently.


Another thing about Italian I learned on that hot day, they talk loud, fast and therefore sound so impatient.  So, if you don’t speak their language and you would only listen to their voice without looking on their faces, you really would think that they are fighting. 

Next time I will share to you - Italian Hand Gestures.

No comments:

Post a Comment